Friday, December 4, 2015

Blogmas Day 1

URBAN DECAY GWEN STEFANI EYESHADOW PALLETE



           gwen1

Urban Decay are always a brand I get most excited for when there is news of a palette release. I love Urban Decay eye shadows and the Naked palettes are pretty much a staple in my makeup collection as they offer a great range of colours for the nude lover as well as wearing really well and blending like a dream. When I went through my PO Box last week, I was completely blown away by the fact that there was a record player in amongst the various other beauty items. Nestled within the box was the press release, a Gwen Stafani vinyl and a palette. I wasn’t really sure what to expect from the palette, but knowing that Gwen Stafani had designed it, I anticipated quite a lot of vibrant and adventurous colours which wouldn’t have been up my street. However, instead I was met with a gorgeous array of nudes, golds and taupes in a variety of mattes and shimmers with only two slightly more colourful options and I instantly fell in love. Gwen actually worked with Urban Decay to create the palette full of all the shades she always wished she had in her makeup collection. Twelve of the shades are brand new to UD and three are already in the eyeshadow collection. The names of the colours are all very Gwen Stefani appropriate and I think this wins hands down for the coolest press release of all time…A BLOOMIN’ RECORD PLAYER I TELL YOU!
gwen2
gwen3
gwen6
gwen7
gwen8

I knew instantly that this palette was going straight into my everyday makeup bag and although the pink and blue shades probably won’t get used as much, when I swatched the blue I was pleasantly surprised by it’s appearance. It has specks of iridescent blue in it, and if I could pull off blue shadow without it looking like a child has raided their mum’s makeup bag, I would TOTALLY attempt to rock this. These are the perfect shadows to perfect some serious smokey, neutral eyes to pair with a festive red lip for this time of year and I cannot wait. This release has also sparked my inner love for Gwen Stefani and the amazing album that is L.A.M.B. It’s full of classics that most people you meet are guaranteed to know the words to. Once I can get this record player up and sorted I will be dancing about my house with perfectly blended eyeshadow to “Hollaback Girl”. The palette is limited edition and available to buy from November 22nd from www.urbandecay.co.uk for £40.
Is this going straight on your christmas wish list? Has this made you want to dig out your Gwen albums too? 

No comments:

Post a Comment